Clan Cold Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Welcome to the Lair ::

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I want to buy a

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ViciousGrave
ViciousGrave

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:44 am

Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and an Atari 2600 in the not too distant future. I still revel in those kinds of systems and games. Who remembers when Super Mario Bros. 3 came out, and you could not stop playing it for days. There was no need for sleep, you had SMB3. Or how about the old school Sonic games. I remember waking up at like 6 in the morning on weekends so I could play Sonic. I only took breaks for meals and the potty room. A lot of new games don't match up to the thrills I had as a kid. I understand that i'm grown up now, but i think that games need more substance to them these days. When I was a kid, knowing I had to basically just save the princess by beating the bad guy was a good enough story for me. Now that i'm old enough to be senile, I just wish more games had a crazy storyline to them. It's so much easier to get involved in a game if it's and good looking and interesting at the same time. Anyways, i'm going to go back to studying now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/non_profit_prophet
Judger
Inner Council
Inner Council
Judger

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:01 am

I never was huge into Sonic. I didn't ever fall into the sega side of things until dreamcast exclusively had Crazytaxi. That game was sick, but much later that you were talking about.

I liked regular nintendo games... never had a super nintendo or anything. Never had regular PS. I wasn't a gameboy kid either, I usually made fun of kids that played gameboy. I was outside like 90 percent of my childhood, except when I was playing regular nintendo. I liked the mario games, the ninja turtle games were classic (freaking bosses), that Paperboy game was freaking awesome...

I still have my NES in great condition and working order, along with 40-50 games. I should bust that out sometime... or better yet... ebay! Just kidding I'm not a sellout, completely.
Back to top Go down
http://coldfire.roflforum.net
ViciousGrave
ViciousGrave

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:44 am

Man seriously, Paperboy was top notch, and I want an arcade style TMNT before I die. I dunno I guess I just have a taste for RPG's over a shooter or adventure game.
Back to top Go down
CroNuS
Inner Council
Inner Council
CroNuS

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:52 am

SMB3 was awesome cuz you can FLY!!! that game was awesome and you can play minigames to get more lives. then you had to go through a pirateship to fight bosses. ur right old games didnt have storys but they were good enough to play over and over and over and over again...now a good game has to have good plots. super nintendo games put more story into there games but to me those are old school games too (compared to how games are now everyone trys to make sales off good looking cut scenes) like FF4 was fun i remember playing that as a kid alot also chrono trigger was the greatest super nintendo experience i ever had. (i beat that game again not to long ago...trying to get all the endings)

Edit: TMNT pissed me off as a kid i always had a hard time getting passed the electric in the water and sometimes i never could make it to the part where u get ur dead characters back =/. The TMNT game where u travel through time was cool tho i remember beating that one a few times. lol u could slam people on the floors and throw them into the tv screen too.
Back to top Go down
ViciousGrave
ViciousGrave

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:46 am

Super Mario Kart was also pretty ridiculous. I mean 5 laps of hardcore battling in go karts can get to be tough. You make a mistake in the first lap and you can come back by lap 3, but if you make a mistake in lap 3 you more than likely will barely place. And i'm sure no one can forget the first 3d game on SNES. Starfox with the Super FX chip. That game was too good. I mean the graphics for that time plus a 3d flight and fight scenario every level got to be hard to keep up with later in the game when you had to fight super battle cruisers and planet crushers.
Back to top Go down
CroNuS
Inner Council
Inner Council
CroNuS

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:49 am

yah. i never made it to the end going through the hard passage. =/ starfox for n64 was a fun game too. (i didnt like using the tank to much tho. it was slow and i felt limited in movements.
Back to top Go down
ViciousGrave
ViciousGrave

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:55 am

The hard path lived up to its name in that game. Having to fight that battle cruiser above Venom was too daunting at times. 20 lasers shooting at you plus missles and homing plasma balls. The AI of your teammates though, wow was it horrible. They would fly in a straight line shoot their laser a few times(in a straight line never hitting anything) and get in your way. You try to shoot down the people shooting at your team and they fly into your line of fire then yell at you for aiming at them. The level with the space creatures was cool as hell though. Space whale flying around giving you tons of upgrades for free. Amoebas tacking onto your ship while people shoot lasers at you. Plus the Space Mantas were crazy big.
Back to top Go down
CroNuS
Inner Council
Inner Council
CroNuS

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:09 am

haha yah i remember the AI level. they would yell at you but with all the lasers coming you donthave time to read what they say anyways. they would just make sounds lols.
Back to top Go down
ViciousGrave
ViciousGrave

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:27 am

Sometimes they chase an enemy but the way they come on the screen you end up killin the guy they are chasing then they get pissed at you because you took their kill. Pilotwings was a killer game too. I mean the music was ridiculous. The lyrics to level three theme song were "Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah". No joke. It was fun though because you had to earn your pilot's license (that way you know your an amateur) but once you get done with level 4, the story gets crazy. You get to fly an Apache attack helicopter to rescue one of your pilot instructors because they have been kidnapped by some terrorists, and the military won't do anything about it. Kinda ridiculous if you think about it. Let's send an amateur in an attack helicopter to save some flight instructor who we have no idea why he was kidnapped by these terrorists.
Back to top Go down
CroNuS
Inner Council
Inner Council
CroNuS

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:34 am

haha sounded like it was a fun game.
Back to top Go down
ViciousGrave
ViciousGrave

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:45 am

Oh it was for sure. It's moderately difficult too since the physics of flying a plane or hang gliding on the snes were of a whole new school than reality. It was hard to get used to how far wind blew you off course and speeds and stuff like that. Once you got the hang of it it was really easy though. I don't know if anyone ever played F-Zero for the snes, but that is still a game I play frequently. Was so amazing back in the day the courses and stuff and the instruction manual even came with a comic book in the manual to read before you played. I remember I was playing before school one day and my grandma was trying to get me out for the school bus. I was doing really good on a difficulty I had just recently gotten to. So i'm hardcore focused on this game right and i'm racing my heart out, then grandma shuts the game off. I was so pissed back then, but now I look back on it and I think to myself, "How did she know which button was the power button?"
Back to top Go down
CroNuS
Inner Council
Inner Council
CroNuS

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:13 am

haha wow. thats a good story. yah i have that game it was pretty cool. to bad back then i wasnt so good i dont remember beating it really. i guess i was to young lol. i remember mario kart tho i beat that game.
Back to top Go down
ViciousGrave
ViciousGrave

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:51 am

Old school mario kart was hard. Anyways, it's not like the only games I play are old school so I figure I should bring up some of the new ones I play. I'm into Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion right now and that game is addictive. It's like 3d Diablo 2, but way better. Oh and I just got my may issue of Game Informer and the screenshots for SC2 keep looking better and better so i'm excited for that one.
Back to top Go down
Judger
Inner Council
Inner Council
Judger

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:39 am

I couldn't lose with Yoshi. It was impossible. We were one as a team.

That game was pretty sick, big breakthrough in the gaming community.
Back to top Go down
ViciousGrave
ViciousGrave

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:45 am

There is no other racer besides Yoshi. I'll take Toadstool because he's a psychedelic mushroom, but I prefer Yoshi.
Back to top Go down
Judger
Inner Council
Inner Council
Judger

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:59 am

I was a fan of bowser because i strived to be a badass
Back to top Go down
ViciousGrave
ViciousGrave

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:29 pm

Bowser was cool and all but the spikes didn't do it for me. I try and play as Wario in the 64 version sometimes and it's just complicated. You are guaranteed to spin out or get hit by something and blown into the air, and once that happens the heavyweights are so slow to get back up to speed. So slow. The 64 version got those shortcuts though so it isn't even really as much of a challenge as the SNES version.
Back to top Go down
CroNuS
Inner Council
Inner Council
CroNuS

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:38 pm

toadstool was pretty good but i remember driving on the last rainbow stage and everyone would start passing me by as they picked up speed so id have to keep hitting them sith shells. yoshi is good too he was pretty balanced. as for the heavyweights i never really played with them cuz they seemed slow picking up speed =/. (was it just me or did donkey kong always have bananas on him?)
Back to top Go down
ViciousGrave
ViciousGrave

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 4:45 am

Hell yeah in the SNES version, your opponents didn't need to run over the ? squares on the ground to get items. Peace always had those muffins that shrunk you, koopa always had a green shell, and DK always had a banana. Was really stupid.
Back to top Go down
Judger
Inner Council
Inner Council
Judger

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 11:01 am

I hated the Banana's like crazy. I still have bad dreams about them.

The green shells were sick though.

I loved the desert / Train course... That course was sick.
Back to top Go down
ViciousGrave
ViciousGrave

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 11:19 am

Hell yeah with the star through the train tunnel short cut. You can cut 2 laps off by using a star when you go through one of the tunnels. Since you are going so fast with the star the game puts a lap ahead of where you were. So technically you only have to go around once if you get a star twice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So I want to buy a Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I want to buy a   So I want to buy a Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I want to buy a
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan Cold Fire :: General Discussion :: Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: